At CCIJ we want to build a diverse, inclusive and transparent community. We understand that people in our community are in dramatically different circumstances, and want to be as sensitive to folks’ financial situations as possible. As indicated below, we are happy to adopt a sliding scale for anyone for whom the membership fee would provide a prohibitive burden. Please feel free to contact Executive Director Jeff Kelly Lowenstein at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to request a dues waiver.
People substantially engaged in investigative reporting, visual storytelling or data science gathering, presentation or production.
People engaged full-time in research or teaching in the fields of journalism, visual storytelling or data science.
People who formerly belonged to the professional and or academic class but have retired from their occupation.
Undergraduate or graduate students pursuing a degree.
Dues can be paid on a sliding scale. Enter the amount you wish to pay, then click the pay now button.
I. CCIJ WILL ADOPT AN INFORMAL MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM.
According to Board Source, an organization that supports non-profit board development, an informal membership program is a practical way to integrate supporters or subscribers into an organization. Usually for a fee, members receive benefits such as newsletters, resources, priority registration for trainings, etc. These members have no say in the running or governing of the organization. They are normally interested in its mission and find the benefits package useful. This type of a membership program does not need to be defined in the official documents of the organization. For many organizations, it is a way to garner earned income.
II. THE PROGRAM WILL START ON JANUARY 1, 2021.
III. MEMBER CATEGORIES AND CRITERIA.
CCIJ WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES OF MEMBERS WHO MUST MEET THE DEFINED CRITERIA:
- Professional: People substantially engaged in investigativereporting, visual storytelling or data science. gathering, presentation or production
- Academic: People engaged full-time in research or teaching in the fields of journalism, visual storytelling or data science.
- Retired: People who formerly belonged to the professional and or academic class but have retired from their occupation.
- Student: Undergraduate or graduate students pursuing a degree.
IV. MEMBERSHIP DUES
The annual membership dues will be assessed as follows:
Professional and Academic: $50
Retired and Student: $25
FEES CAN BE OFFERED ON A SLIDING SCALE, IF REQUESTED. THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR WILL HAVE DISCRETION TO WAIVE THE FEE.
V. THE BENEFITS TO WHICH CCIJ MEMBERS HAVE ACCESS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A. Access to CCIJ network.
- B. Access to weekly updates.
- C. Access to CCIJ-sponsored training sessions.
- D. Staying informed about group projects.
- E. Possibility of contributing to the blog.
- F. Possibility of having your work featured on CCIJ podcasts where appropriate.
- G. Being invited to attend an annual convening.
VI. CCIJ MEMBERS’ RESPONSIBILITIES ADHERING TO THE FOLLOWING CODE OF CONDUCT:
*CCIJ is committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of race, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, appearance or religion.
*CCIJ supports vigorous debate and welcomes disagreement, while maintaining a civil and respectful community. Discriminatory or harassing behavior is not permitted.
*CCIJ may take any action it deems appropriate to deal with those who violate our principles, including exclusion from our events, forums, listservs and the organization itself.